Microsuction: The Safe and Effective Way to Remove Ear Wax
What is Microsuction?
Microsuction is a minimally invasive procedure used to remove ear wax build-up. A small suction device gently removes the excess wax from the ear canal during the procedure. An ear wax removal specialist, such as an audiologist or an (ENT) ear, nose, and throat doctor, typically performs this procedure.
Unlike other methods of ear wax removal, such as ear syringing, microsuction is completely painless and doesn’t involve using any water or liquids. As a result, the Microsuction technique makes ear wax removal a safer and more effective option for those prone to ear infections, with a history of ear surgery, or with a perforated eardrum.
What Happens During a Microsuction Procedure?Before the procedure, the specialist will examine your ears to determine the amount of ear wax build-up and ensure that microsuction is the appropriate removal method. If so, the specialist will use a small, handheld device with a thin, flexible tube to gently suction the ear wax out of the ear canal. The ear wax removal procedure typically takes only a few minutes to complete and is painless. Most patients find it to be quite relaxing. After the procedure, the specialist will examine your ears again to ensure the removal of all ear wax.
Benefits of Microsuction
Microsuction offers several benefits over other methods of ear wax removal. These include:
- Painless: Microsuction is a painless procedure that doesn’t involve using water or liquids, making it a safer and more effective option.
- Safe: Microsuction is a safe procedure that is appropriate for all ages and especially beneficial for those prone to ear infections, have a history of ear surgery, or have a perforated eardrum.
- Effective: Microsuction is a very effective way to get rid of excess wax in the ear canal.
- Quick: The procedure typically takes only a few minutes to complete per ear, making it a convenient option for those with busy schedules.
- Comfortable: Most patients find microsuction to be a comfortable and relaxing procedure.
Mobile Earwax Removal
If you’re suffering from ear wax build-up, microsuction may be the solution you’re looking for. It’s a safe, relatively painless, and highly effective ear wax removal treatment that can quickly and easily remove excess wax from the ear canal. If you’re interested in microsuction or require more information, please get in Intouch with our ear wax removal specialists. They will be able to answer all your questions and determine if microsuction is the appropriate method of removal for you.
If you would like more information about our mobile ear wax removal in Cheshire service or would like to make an appointment for a home visit, fill in our lovely form below. Our mobile earwax removal practitioners also offer earwax removal in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle Under Lyme, Macclesfield, Biddulph, Holme Chapel and Sandbach.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
The Old Bank, 87 Town Lane
Mobberley, Knutsford, Cheshire,